Saturday, November 04, 2006

Invest in Yourself: Learn More!


One of the best ways to skyrocket your success as a real estate investor is to invest in yourself.

Life is all about growth and you cannot get to the next level of prosperity without increasing your knowledge.

I like to say: "The more you learn, the more you'll earn."

Every year for the past three, I have invested in my education by attending a seminar.

This year, I was not only a participant, I actually worked for the Real Deal Boot Camp, a weekend seminar (www.realdealbootcamp.com).

My personal real estate and business mentor, Hector Padilla, began to teach a seminar and I assisted him with marketing earlier this year. I met Hector five years ago when he hired me to be his first assistant. Even back then as he was starting to accumulate his first few clients, I noticed that he focused more time and energy into the investing side of real estate, versus the sales side.

For many years now, Hector has been attending one seminar or training camp about every month. He travels across the country to educate and motivate himself and to mingle with like-minded investors. He recently even flew on a private jet with one of his gurus, Ron LeGrand!

Hector has spent $100,000 in his own real estate education. He is a master of putting together non-conventional real estate deals and also fixing and flipping. He became a self-made millionaire strictly through real estate by age 29. He makes money both locally in Los Angeles, even in this lackluster market, and also nationally. We tend to invest in the same areas.
His latest deal is so exceptional I must share it: Hector purchased a home for $2 million in the Hollywood Hills a few months ago. Although the home is nice, it needed a lot of work to bring it up to par in that neighborhood. Now, after he did a complete rehab, that same house has appraised for $4 million. The best part of all: Hector purchased the home with no money down! Plus, he received $150,000 back at the close of escrow!

Throughout the years, Hector has been very generous with his knowledge not only with me, but with others. I can honestly say that after implementing some of the techniques he taught me, my real estate portfolio just skyrocketed.

Most of the time, he believed in me more than I even believed in myself.

"You should make it a goal to buy two buildings a year, Linda," I remember him telling me once. At the time, I looked at him like: "Are you loco?" And, I thought: "I can't buy two buildings a year!" Well, guess what? It didn't take long for that goal to become a reality.

But that's why it's so important to have a mentor. Ideally, you should have mentor for every branch of your tree of life. One should have a business mentor, a spiritual mentor, a family/relationship mentor, etc...

A mentor doesn't have to be a professional person who actually makes a living as a coach, they can be a person who performs exceptionally well in the given area of life, one that you are trying to advance in.

The beauty of having someone mentor you is that they not only motivate you into trying to get more out of life, they will also give you tips, techniques, and advice on how to get to your end goal in the fastest and most efficient way possible.

I'd like to share one of Hector's techniques that has really made a HUGE difference in my life: University on Wheels.

Hector teaches students to turn the radio OFF when one is driving during business hours and turn ON a motivational or educational CD.

Music is wonderful, it can change your mood, but it cannot take you to the next level of your game. This technique is one I even do on weekends! (Hey, I'm trying to shorten my extreme-success time span even more.)
This habit alone has done wonders for my life and my bank account.

I urge you to keep investing in YOU. Whether you listen to a motivational tape, attend a weekend seminar, or simply buy a book, the point is to DO SOMETHING!

If your living in Southern California, take this weekend off from life and attend the Real Deal Boot Camp; when you re-appear on Monday, you'll have a winning attitude, new techniques to help you achieve success, and an unstoppable spirit.

For more information, log on to: www.realdealbootcamp.com


***********************************************************************

Coming Up In Future Blogs:

The Paradox of Business & Life

Before You Buy: Ask Why?
The Exit Strategy in Real Estate

No Money Down, It's Not Baloney
Non-Conventional Tips for Real Success

Girls Rule: Why Women Make Great Investors!

***********************************************************************


Create Your Wealth Through Real Estate, Allow My Team to Assist You!

Sign up for our FREE e-mail alert service today at: www.CashFlowCows.com

We Hand-Pick Properties and Market Areas Where WE INVEST PERSONALLY!

No part of this blog may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical without prior written permission except by a member of the media who wishes to quote brief passages for inclusion in a magazine, newspaper or broadcast. The advise in this blog is solely based on personal opinion. Always seek the advise of a trusted attorney, broker, financial planner, accountant or other professional before investing in real estate.

1 Comments:

At 11:38 PM , Anonymous triple net lease properties said...

If you're buying real estate, it's very important that you do a lot of research on the property. You need to find out how much the appreciation on the land will be and also which areas will bring you the best profit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home