Sunday, January 07, 2007

Goal Setting for Success in 2007!

"Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success." --Pablo Picasso

New Year's Day is such a refreshing time. It is a moment when one contemplates the accomplishments and mistakes of the past and sets forth on a journey for yet another 12 months.

I love New Year's Day because it means that I must mandatorily slice out a chunk of my time to contemplate my life -- I do that often anyway, but this is different because I get to write it all down. It's an annual ritual to list my goals for the upcoming year.

Those who strive for success, such as to someday be a financially free or own multiple rental properties, MUST write down goals every single year -- more often if they are especially ambitious.

I did a bit of research and asked many people I came across with recently whether they had written down their goals. I cringed when the majority of people said that they hadn't.

"I just want to have a better year," said one person.

"As long as I can just make a living, I'm happy," said another.

Yikes!

Right before writing this week's blog, I saw Joel Osteen's sermon, ironically, he was preaching about the same exact thing: goals. He said people should have high hopes and expectations.

All spiritual truths offer phenomenal advice on how to attain success in all aspects of life, including financial. The Bible is worded so beautifully that it states many great commands for its believers to follow, such as...

"If the axe is blunt, and one doesn't sharpen the edge, then he must use more strength; but skill brings success. " -Ecclesiastes 10:10

The pen is truly mightier than the sword, and when you WRITE DOWN YOUR GOALS, two things happen:

1. You contemplate what it is your truly desire
2. You make concrete those wishes to the Universe
(God, Creator, Jesus, Holy Spirit, etc.)

Did you take the time to sit down and contemplate your wants, your needs, your desires for the upcoming year?

If you don't know and demand what you want out of life. If don't expect to get more than to merely GET BY, then why should you be blessed with abundance?

Last year I wrote out six goals. I am proud to say that I accomplished four of them. I was actually surprised by my great results. So much so, that this year I decided to raise the bar. This year, I wrote out 15 goals. FIFTEEN! At first I wanted to reach ten, but then I said, "What the heck, don't limit yourself, Linda. Want more. Expect more!"

My broker, Hector Padilla, who is also my friend and real estate mentor, really takes his time in writing his goals. He writes everything out and places it inside a binder. He showed me his "goal journal" once and it was quite a few pages long. It was neatly typed. I noticed he had handwriting on the side. When I asked him about his scribbles, he replied, "Those are the things that have already come true."

Let me tell you about his last year. Hector, who is only in his early '30s, went on 14 trips: He toured Brazil, Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Cabo San Lucas. He took off to Las Vegas several times and went river rafting in San Francisco. Plus, he took real estate-related business visits to Florida, Texas, and New Mexico.
When I asked him to share advice for by blog readers, he replied: "I simply write down my vacations in my LIFE/Business PLAN."
He also stressed a technique that I apply in my own personal life: visualization.

"If you cannot go there in your MIND (i.e. visualize it), then you cannot go there in life," he says.
You know it's nice to be rich, but it's even nicer to be both YOUNG AND RICH! But guess what? HE WRITES DOWN HIS GOALS!

"If you fail to PLAN you are PLANNING to FAIL! Simply write it down and MAKE IT HAPPEN," advises Hector.

In fact, I walked in on him writing out his goals last year. It was early December and him and a few of his staff members were in the conference room all writing down their personal goals.

If you're striving to be a wealthy real estate investor, as those who generally read this blog are, then I implore you to start writing down your goals each and every year. Make it a habit of being aware of what it is you want from life. Contemplate where it is you want to go.

Life is exactly what you make of it.

I leave you with a great affirmation that Joel said tonight on his televised sermon:

"I am expecting abundance for this New Year!"

Now say it loud and proud! And when you say it, mean it, believe it, and it shall be so.

thanks for reading,
Linda

TIP: Place your goals where you can see them or read them often. This is important to keep you motivated throughout the year.

Good luck in 2007, I know you will prosper beyond your wildest dreams.
***********************************************************************
Create Your Wealth Through Real Estate, Allow My Team to Assist You!

Sign up for our FREE e-mail alert service today at: www.CashFlowCows.com

We Hand-Pick Properties and Market Areas Where WE PERSONALLY INVEST!

No part of this blog may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical without prior written permission except by a member of the media who wishes to quote brief passages for inclusion in a magazine, newspaper or broadcast. The advise in this blog is solely based on personal opinion. Always seek the advise of a trusted attorney, broker, financial planner, accountant or other professional before investing in real estate.

2 Comments:

At 1:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home